Nomination Eligibility Guidelines & Notes
- Organization must verified as a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
- Non-Profit must serve Oak Park, River Forest, or directly adjacent communities.
- Organizations who meet the 501(c)(3) requirements based on“religious” purposes (i.e churches, schools under the umbrella of a religious organization, or other groups whose purpose is the study or advancement of religion) will not be eligible for consideration.
- National or international organizations will not be considered unless the request is for a specific project to benefit our local community.
- Charitable organizations must be able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations.
- Only 100 Who Care OPRF members in good standing are eligible to nominate a charity.
- Nomination must be submitted at least four weeks ahead of time to be considered for our next meeting.
- Final approval of charity nominations is at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- Once a non-profit is chosen they are not eligible for nomination again for three full years following their award.
Is your nomination already on our list of approved organizations? If so you do not need to submit a nomination, but feel free to contact us if you are willing to present on behalf of that organization should they be chosen as a finalist for a meeting.